On February 7, 2020, Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, L.L.C. (TGP), a Kinder Morgan subsidiary, and Southern Natural Gas Company, L.L.C. (SNG), a Delaware limited liability company equally owned by subsidiaries of Kinder Morgan and Southern Company, filed applications with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) for the Evangeline Pass Expansion Project.
The Evangeline Pass Expansion Project is designed to provide up to 2.0 million dekatherms per day (Dth/d) of additional natural gas capacity on Kinder Morgan’s TGP and SNG systems in Louisiana and Mississippi. As part of the project, SNG will lease capacity to TGP. The project involves building:
- 9.1 miles of 36-inch diameter pipeline in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana
- 4 miles of 36-inch pipeline in Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana
- A new compressor station located in Clarke County, Mississippi
- A compressor station located in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana
- Modifications to other existing facilities on both the TGP and SNG systems
Pending receipt of all required permits, construction is planned to begin in the first quarter of 2021, and the expected in-service date is December 2022.