Midcontinent Express Pipeline (MEP) is a 500-mile natural gas pipeline system designed to help meet future U.S. energy needs, contribute to energy independence and stability, and stimulate economic growth. The pipeline extends from the southeast corner of Oklahoma, across northeast Texas, northern Louisiana, central Mississippi and into Alabama (see project map). MEP parallels existing pipeline or electric transmission right-of-ways where possible to minimize impact to the environment, communities and landowners.
Midcontinent Express is owned by Midcontinent Express Pipeline LLC, a joint venture between Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. and Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners and Energy Transfer Partners have extensive experience designing, building, owning and safely operating natural gas pipelines and facilities.
Critical to the nation's energy infrastructure and local economies, Midcontinent Express:
- Delivers clean-burning natural gas supplies from Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas to communities along the route and to homes and businesses in the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast through interconnections with existing pipelines.
- Generates tax revenues for counties and parishes along the route.
- Provides an alternate route for natural gas when hurricanes and tropical storms disrupt offshore and coastal supplies.
- Firm Transportation Services
- Interruptible Transportation Services
For business development:
For pipeline scheduling:
- Scheduling Hotline: (713) 369-9683
For additional information such as customer activities and information postings, please visit Kinder Morgan's Pipeline Interactive Website