- We provide program support only. (Libraries may apply for capital projects. Review the “Restrictions section” for more information.)
- An organization is eligible to apply if it is located within 30 miles of the following areas of Kinder Morgan’s operations: Birmingham, AL 35209, Phoenix, AZ 85044, Tucson, AZ 85711, Concord, CA 94520, Carson, CA 90810, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, Lakewood, CO 80401, Tampa, FL 33619, Alpharetta, GA 30005, Downers Grove, IL 60515, Chicago, IL 60633, Shreveport, LA 71106, Port Sulphur, LA 70083, Harvey, LA 70058, Williston, ND 58801, Port Newark, NJ 07114, Tulsa, OK 74137, Midland, TX 79705, Pasadena, TX 77503, Houston, TX 77002, El Paso, TX 79904, Norfolk, VA 23523, Vancouver, WA 98663.
- The program must serve more than 500 underserved youth in grades K-12 and have a proven track record of success.
- Nonprofits, public schools and private schools may apply.
- In the United States, nonprofits and private schools must have 501(c)(3) designation from the Internal Revenue Service. (Not applicable to public schools.)
- Academic programs, including tutoring
- Arts education programs
The following are not eligible for grants:
- Individual applicants or individual pursuits
- Political causes, candidates or lobbying efforts
- Programs or organizations outside the United States
- Operating expenses
- Capital projects (except libraries)
- Projects of religious denominations
- Service clubs, fraternal organizations or third-party fundraisers
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Conventions, conferences, seminars or other special events
- Mentoring, leadership, stewardship or other social development programs
- Programs that include age groups outside our K-12 criteria
Grant Amounts and Frequency
Our grants are between $5,000 and $20,000. We will not provide support more than once per calendar year to the same organization and we do not make multi-year commitments.
Deadlines and Review Process
Applications need to be submitted for review by the 1st of February, May, August, and November. We will notify you of our board's decision within 30 to 60 days.
Reports and Other Mailings
Please send us a final or interim report only when re-applying for a grant. We do not require reports if you are not re-applying. Also, please do not add us to mailing lists for annual reports, announcements or invitations.