Damage to pipelines often occurs through direct contact with the pipe during excavation or other ground disturbance activities. These incidents commonly result from work being done near the pipelines without our prior knowledge or consent.
*New* Clearwater incident video.
Learn from a Contractor what can happen when you miss the important step of placing a One Call to identify buried infrastructure at your ground disturbance location.
Kinder Morgan Canada’s public awareness program is designed to:
- Create awareness about pipelines in your area,
- Provide important safety information to people living and working near our pipelines,
- Increase knowledge of the regulations for working around pipelines,
- Educate first responders and the public on our emergency preparedness response activities,
- Prevent damage to our pipelines,
- Enhance public safety
Pipeline safety is a shared responsibility. Together we can create a safer environment for everyone.