Grant applications may be mailed or sent via e-mail and must include:
- A short, one-page cover letter signed by an authorized agent.
(Public and private schools: this letter must be signed by the school principal.)
- A proposal narrative of three pages or less with the following information:
- Legal name of the organization, employer identification number (EIN), address (no post office boxes), telephone number, and name, title and e-mail address of contact person.
- Amount of request and name of program.
- History of the organization and its mission.
- Description of current programs, activities and accomplishments.
- Statement of need including description of target population and issue(s) to be addressed.
- Description of the program, how it meets the needs listed above and its geographical reach.
- Program's goals, objectives and tactics.
- Timeline for implementation.
- List of other collaborative agencies and their role in the program to be funded.
- Expected results of the program, and the tools and methods used to measure success.
- Current organization and program budgets.
- Canadian organizations must also include their most recent annual information return and Canada Customs and Revenue Agency business number if applicable. Other information may be requested after initial review of a Canadian organization's grant application.
Please do not:
- Send CDs, DVDs, annual reports, photos, brochures or other documents not listed above.
- Bind or staple your application, or mail it in a folder.
- Include a table of contents or dividers.
- Attach other financial statements or tax returns unless the application is for a Canadian organization.